We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Informal Resolution Process
We are confident the majority of complaints can be dealt with quickly by an open and constructive discussion. If you are dissatisfied with the service you have received, please first raise your concerns with the person dealing with your matter by telephone or in writing. A Manager will look into the complaint and try to resolve your concerns.
If that is not possible then please write to our Compliance team at our Cardiff address or by way of email to email@example.com.
Formal Resolution Process
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within four working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure. We will arrange for your complaint to be fully investigated.
- A detailed written reply to your complaint, including any suggestions for resolving the matter, will be sent to you within ten working days of the date of the acknowledgement letter.
- If your complaint is still unresolved, you can refer your complaint to our Compliance Director, Pauline Lewis.
- Pauline Lewis will review your matter and write to you within 14 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint
The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
- Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint
- No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
- No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
Solicitors Regulation Authority
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our conduct.
You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.